Invitations to ECR Group AGM and Cheshire East Area AGM

  1. ECR Annual General Meeting

All members are invited to our AGM, which will take place via Zoom on Saturday 14th November 2020 starting at  3 pm. Please contact jane.gay@icloud.com between 9th and 13th November for access to the link.

Papers for the AGM will be available on the website during the week ending Saturday, 31st October 2020.

Any member wishing to submit a motion should put it in writing with the names of the proposer and seconder to be received by the Secretary not later than Tuesday 3rd November. Contact details are:

email: secretary@ramblerseastcheshire.org.uk

All officers and committee members retire each year but are eligible for re-election. The following are standing for re-election:

Jane Gay (Chair), Colin Finlayson (Treasurer), Dave Barraclough (Footpath Committee Secretary), Sue Munslow (Membership Secretary), Kathryn Carty (Committee Member), Keith Anderson (Lost Ways) and Maggie Swindells (Social Secretary)

We need at least two more members to join the committee.  We have a vacancy for Publicity Officer as well as the post of Secretary or Social Secretary which will become available in the near future.  Expressions of interest will be very welcome.

If you wish to stand for any of the Officers position or as a Committee Member, or you wish to nominate anyone else, please send the candidate’s name and statement of their willingness to stand, together with names of the proposer and seconder, to the Secretary (contact details above) by Saturday, 2nd November 2020.

  2. CHESHIRE EAST AREA AGM (comprising the three Groups of East Cheshire (i.e. ourselves, Congleton and South Cheshire)

This meeting will be held on Monday 30th November at 7.30 pm. Information about this will be posted on the ECR website.

EAST CHESHIRE RAMBLERS SOCIAL CALENDAR 1st OCTOBER 2020

01-10-20 EAST CHESHIRE RAMBLERS SOCIAL CALENDAR 2020 Thank you to all those involved in organising these events, any suggestions or ideas about an event would be warmly welcomed. Please don’t hesitate to contact me on: Maggie Swindells maggieswindells@gmail.com  07729327940 /01625 829671
       
Friday 20th March 1.30 pm Stockport Guided Walk with Judith Wilshaw organised by Maggie Swindells   POSTPONED to 2021
 4th and 5th April National Conference  Bristol CANCELLED
Friday 12Th April  Start of fortnightly Strollers’ walking programme CANCELLED
Thursday 23rd April Bombay To Mumbai Indian – meal organised by Andy Davies CANCELLED
Friday 24th April to Sunday 26th April Long Walkers Weekend – Aberystwyth to be organised by Colin Park CANCELLED
Thursday 14th May Provisional start of evening walks organised by Steve Hull CANCELLED
Friday 19th to Sunday 21st June Weekend Away  Patterdale organised by Jane Gay POSTPONED TO 2021
Thursday 25th June Coach Trip Settle organised by Anne Thompson CANCELLED
Monday 29th June ‘Footpath Inspectors Gathering’  3.30 pm Macclesfield Tennis Club organised by the Footpath Committee POSTPONED
Thursday 2nd July ECR Walk Leader Training Macclesfield Tennis Club (more details to follow) POSTPONED
Saturday 4th July Walk with a Ranger organised by Jane Gay CANCELLED
Friday 7th August to Sunday 9th August Long Walkers Weekend – Anglesey (exact location to be decided) to be organised by Steve Hull CANCELLED
Thursday 20th August Meal following final evening walk provisional booking at Farm Made, Rainow organised by Nick Wild CANCELLED
Saturday September 5th Coach Trip organised by Gina Thompson and Maggie Swindells POSTPONED 2021
Friday 18th to Sunday 20th Sep Ambleside Weekend away – Andy Davies POSTPONDED
Saturday 12th September (date change) Walk with a Ranger organised by Jane Gay CANCELLED
Saturday 31st October Ceilidh and Supper at the Victory Hall Mobberley  organised by Tony Battilana  CANCELLED
Saturday 14th November 2020 ECR AGM ZOOM MEETING
30th November 2020 Ramblers Association Area AGM ZOOM MEETING
Saturday 5th December Christmas Carol short walk – Jenny Bordoli CHRITMAS CAROLS CANCELLED WALK WILL STILL GO AHEAD
Saturday 12th December Week End Christmas Lunch at The Windmill organised by Teresa Marshall preceded by a walk organised by Jane and Frank Gay. CANCELLED

ECR Committee Meeting Minutes 11-08-20

MINUTES OF EAST CHESHIRE RAMBLERS MEETING HELD

                       Tuesday 11 August 2020

Meeting held at 2.30pm in Jane Gay’s garden and it closed around 4.40pm.

ATTENDANCE

Colin Finlayson

Dave Barraclough

Jane Gay

Kathryn Carty

Keith Anderson

Maggie Swindells

  1. APOLOGIES AND ATTENDANCE

Apologies from Sue Munslow

  • MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The minutes of the previous meeting held on May 5 were approved.

  • MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

No matters arising.

  • WALKS PROGRAMME

This is clearly the most important issue for discussion, how to proceed to get walks reinstated from September 2020, in accordance with guidelines from Head Office (HO).

  1. Volunteer role. To comply with HO’s rules any walk leader has to be recorded on the system as having a volunteer role.  Jane has been busy in discussions with HO and it has finally been agreed that we can send a list of walk leaders and their membership numbers (we don’t need to ask individual members for these) to HO and they will register them as walk leaders.  We felt strongly that we would have lost walk leaders if individuals had to self register.  It was considered whether we ought to just register everyone but was decided that, as well as not going down well with HO, this would result with everyone being bombarded with emails re unrelated volunteering issues.

At the time when Jane spoke to Steve Butterfield (Area secretary) we only had 17 volunteers registered.

A membership list is held by Sue as membership secretary so we should be able to extract a list of walk leaders from this.

  • Risk assessment. The keeping of a formal risk assessment is mandatory and so we have no choice but for walk leaders to keep one if we wish to get a walk programme up and running.  This needs to be kept either on paper or electronically for 12 months. All boxes do not have to be ticked. Walk leaders will be responsible for keeping such records.  They will not be passed to walk coordinators.  We have no idea if their existence will ever be checked.

The committee intends to write to the CEO and Chairman of the Trustees to object to non-Covid related issues being brought into the risk assessment.  It was felt there should have been consultation before the guidelines were sent to volunteers. In the meantime, however, in order to get walks restarted, we needed to comply by completing the form as issued by HO.  Printed risk assessment stencils could be taken to walks to hand out as required in the hope this will limit objections.

  • Register.  A register has to be kept of walk attendees so that this information could be passed to a track and trace team should this be necessary.  A record of the name and telephone number of each walker is therefore required.  There is an available stencil and again this could be printed and handed to walk leaders.  After some discussion it was felt this was the simplest method.  If we asked walkers to bring along a printed slip containing their contact details, half wouldn’t.  Additionally it would be another thing to ask for.  The register only needs to be kept for 21 days.  People can use the app if they so wish but a written register is sufficient.
  • Advertising the walks.  Roger will help however he can.  If a coordinator sends him walks for four months (Sep to Dec) then he will put them all on the programme.  HO suggested shorter periods but it really doesn’t matter.  This is up to coordinators.  If they can only get walks for September finalised, then Roger will put these onto the system, and add others as and when.                                                            

It is our intention that Covid related advice is put on the website so that the leader doesn’t, for instance, need to advise walkers not to share food and drink!  Some generic statement could be a header before the list of forthcoming walks.

  • Walk numbers of a maximum of 30.  Firstly it was felt that such numbers are very unlikely even for short walks.  We don’t want a booking system as this just complicates things for the leader.  The simplest way of applying this rule is to say on the website that places will be offered on a first come first served basis.  So after the first 30 people have signed the register, any surplus would have to be turned away, a very unlikely scenario.  Should a walk leader want a booking system then he/she would have to provide their telephone number on the programme and ask would-be walkers to phone in advance and book on.

REPORTS FROM OFFICERS

  • FINANCE

Treasurer’s report to end July 2020 included the following highlights since the last report of 5th May 2020.

  • All social events cancelled and members refunded where appropriate.
  • Little banking activity apart from annual peppercorn rents paid to land owners on the Charles Head permissive path.
  • Bank balance at 31/7/20 £6290.89.
  • 20/21 annual budget was reviewed on 23 July via Zoom and its basic constituents parts agreed.  Footpath committee with PROW (public rights of way) identified several potential improvement and maintenance projects requiring an estimated £8000 of funds from RA.  This was then revised down to £6000.
  • The final ECR budget was submitted to Area on 31 July.
  • £50 donations to Mountain Rescue are being randomly made to Glossop, Kinder, Buxton and Oldham.
  • FOOTPATHS  Dave Barraclough’s report included the following points
  1. The Footpath Committee has held one Meeting on 25th June.  The Agenda covered various routine items of progressing several footpath problem issues plus Diversions etc. There were no items of special concern to bring to the Main ECR Committee.
  2. The main business was to review the annual footpath inspection of all paths. Following the end of lockdown, it was hoped that inspections could restart and still be complete by the normal September 31st deadline. Tony Battilana wrote to all inspectors to encourage restart and check whether any inspectors will be affected by COVID19 – but none have been reported.
  3. We noted that recent changes in Ramblers Insurance mean our Footpath Inspectors will be insured under improved terms, including personal accident. We noted that, somewhat surprisingly, volunteers can register to enjoy ongoing cover without needing to be a member of Ramblers. (This seems to be in conflict to the requirement that limits non members to 3 walks before they should become members.)
  4. Footpath Inspections since CV19 lockdown ended are going well. Theyare actually well ahead of previous years. To the end of July 39% of footpaths have been inspected, significantly higher than 9% by July in 2019.It appears that inspectors have more time available to carry out their inspections. A limited number of problems have been reported to PROW who are dealing with them, although they are stretched by CV19 resource problems.
  5. Subsequent to the meeting, the ECR Budget Proposal for 2021 has included £8,000 (revised to £6000) for proposed footpath projects, an increase over previous years. This covers proposed trials on waymarks, fingerpost changes to sustainable materials and some requests from PROW for specific projects.
  6. Nicola Swinnerton from PROW (public rights of way) is looking at seeking permission for a new path through Savio House land and is asking for Ramblers to contribute.  We must consider this carefully as PROW has a statutory duty to fund projects and we don’t want to get sucked in to sharing costs unnecessarily.
  7. AOB

Minutes  Kathryn will continue to pass around draft minutes soon after a meeting and ask members for any additions or alterations.  Otherwise the minutes would remain draft until after the next meeting and until they had been updated following comments in that meeting.

Lost Ways

Keith had kindly offered to take over from Colin.  He had contacted Dominic Tooze (fairly new to his role as assistant to Jack Cornish at PROW) and Tooze had then sent Keith details of an Area role.  It was agreed that Keith should reply on the basis of only wanting to do work for the group, not the area.  Dave thought it possible that Tooze mistook East Cheshire Ramblers and Cheshire East Area to be one and the same, whereas, in fact, there were three groups (Congleton and South Cheshire in addition to ours).

Colin Park’s considerable effort has suggested 19 Lost Paths are worth further consideration.  This will be compared with the list of 5 paths suggested by the Footpath Committee from  the total list of 45 identified in the old Natural England review of Cheshire Lost ways that lie in the ECR area. Keith will work further on this list of 19.

Dave was working as a verifier on lost ways.  Other people had identified lost paths and Dave was checking these to see if they were correct and, more importantly, worth spending money on.  It seems the people identifying lost paths were not necessarily walkers, so may identify a path diagonally across a field when there was now a path around a field.  Whilst this may have been a former route it is obviously not worth pursuit.  Dave believed the cost of pursuing a single path would be at least £5000 so clearly it has to be worthwhile.  Otherwise, PROW’s budget will be decimated.

Christmas meals

Maggie explained that Theresa Marshall was reluctant to take deposits from individuals for the weekend meal if these were going to have to be returned due to cancellation of the event.  Colin said that ECR would pay the deposit and then it could be simply returned to ECR in the event of cancellation.  This would save a lot of effort.

Thanks to Jane

Committee members thanked Jane for all her hard work replying to members’ emails and calls related to Covid19 and for dealing with all the  correspondence from Head Office.

  • AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

AGM planned for 14 November.

Christmas meals

Co-ordination of maintenance team

  • DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 1st October 1.30pm.

Covid-19 Guidance When Out Walking

Dear Members


Some things will be different when you attend walks.

Walks are limited to 30. I don’t think this is going to be a problem but if you turn up and there are more than 30 people on the walk you will  not be able to join them.

Walk leaders may wish to further limit the numbers on the walks. This will be clear on the programme and there will be details of how to contact the leader and register for the walk. Once the number has been reached then a “walk full” message will appear on the website.

The leader will need to take a register; some leaders may ask you to sign in so bringing a pen or a pencil may be a good idea. Also bringing your membership card will help if the walk leader decides to use the Ramblers app to register. This register is for Track Trace and will be destroyed after 21 days.

Obviously hand sanitiser is also good to be carrying. The advice is not to share drinks, food or walking poles.

The latest guidance on social distancing must also be observed. This will be difficult at pinch points like styles so please stay vigilant and alert and gently remind others if you think it is necessary.

Unfortunately people who are within local lock down areas will not be able to attend our walks as there is a limit on the number of people they can meet in the outdoors. Let’s hope this situation will improve soon.

All the latest guidance is available in recent posts on the website. Please try to make time to read it before attending a walk!

All of this is dependent on walkers being prepared to lead. Obviously no one must feel under any pressure to lead and many will not feel that now is the right time to do so.  This clearly could have a knock-on effect on the number of walks we are able to offer but all we can do is ask for volunteers and wait and see what happens.

Hoping that you have all got through this strange time and are now looking forward to being able to return to some form of normality and get out walking again.

Any observations or comments that you would like to make then please feel happy to email me.

Jane

30-06-20 EAST CHESHIRE RAMBLERS SOCIAL CALENDAR 2020

Friday 20th March 1.30 pm Stockport Guided Walk with Judith Wilshaw organised by Maggie Swindells  
POSTPONED to 2021
 4th and 5th April National Conference  Bristol
CANCELLED
Friday 12Th April  Start of fortnightly Strollers’ walking programme
CANCELLED
Thursday 23rd April Bombay To Mumbai Indian – meal organised by Andy Davies
CANCELLED
Friday 24th April to Sunday 26th April Long Walkers Weekend – Aberystwyth to be organised by Colin Park
CANCELLED
Thursday 14th May Provisional start of evening walks organised by Steve Hull
CANCELLED
Friday 19th to Sunday 21st June Weekend Away  Patterdale organised by Jane Gay POSTPONED TO 2021
Thursday 25th June Coach Trip Settle organised by Anne Thompson
CANCELLED
Monday 29th June ‘Footpath Inspectors Gathering’  3.30 pm Macclesfield Tennis Club organised by the Footpath Committee
POSTPONED
Thursday 2nd July ECR Walk Leader Training Macclesfield Tennis Club (more details to follow) POSTPONED
Saturday 4th July Walk with a Ranger organised by Jane Gay
CANCELLED
Friday 7th August to Sunday 9th August Long Walkers Weekend – Anglesey (exact location to be decided) to be organised by Steve Hull
CANCELLED
Thursday 20th August Meal following final evening walk provisional booking at Farm Made, Rainow organised by Nick Wild
CANCELLED
Saturday September 5th Coach Trip organised by Gina Thompson and Maggie Swindells POSTPONED to 2021
Friday 18th to Sunday 20th Sep Ambleside Weekend away – Andy Davies
POSTPONED
Saturday 12th September (date change) Walk with a Ranger organised by Jane Gay
TBC
Saturday 31st October Ceilidh and Supper at the Victory Hall Mobberley  organised by Tony Battilana
TBC
Saturday 14th November 2020 ECR AGM Macclesfield Tennis Club
TBC
30th November 2020 Ramblers Association Area AGM
TBC
Saturday 5th December Christmas Carol short walk – Jenny Bordoli
TBC
Saturday 12th December Week End Christmas Lunch at The Windmill organised by Teresa Marshall preceded by a walk organised by Jane and Frank Gay.
TBC

ECR UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR

Good afternoon to you all

First and foremost I hope that everybody has had a safe lockdown. I do know that for some it has been a more difficult time than for others. It would seem that we are slowly returning to at least something that appears to be more like normal.

You will all have received the latest information from Ramblers which talks about small walking groups of up to 6 people. I have discussed this with the committee and all the walks coordinators. We all feel that for a club as large as ours there is little point in formal walking program which can only take five walkers. The amount of work that this would involve seems too far outweigh the benefit to the small number of people who would be able to walk in a formal programme.

People are forming groups of friends and organising walks amongst themselves. These are not Ramblers walks and are not insured. I think everybody realises this.

Small groups of friends can be set up using WhatsApp or email. If people want to do this but don’t have contact details of others please request these details by the 10th of July. I can then contact the person whose details are being requested and ask them if they are happy for me to share them. I will then hopefully pass these details on.

Obviously there lots of different ways of organising these groups of six but it has to be clear that this is an informal arrangement between friends which I am facilitating by sharing email addresses. Any walks which occur as a result of this arrangement are informal group walks and not Ramblers walks.

I am just giving you advanced notice that the trip to Ambleside in September has been postponed. The updated social program is now available on the website.

Patterdale has also been postponed until next June. I have made a booking for 18-21st June 2021. I have already informed all those who have booked on this year but I have booked additional rooms for anybody else who wishes to join us. If you would like me to send you the details of this year’s weekend so you have an idea of what to expect next year then please just email me. If you are happy to make a booking then the person you need to phone is Sam on (01253) 754260

Jane Gay 01625-427444

ECR Committee Meeting Minutes 5th May 2020

MINUTES OF ECR ZOOM MEETING TUESDAY 5 MAY 2020

Start time 1.30 pm

ATTENDANCE

Dave Barraclough

Jane Gay

Kathryn Carty

Keith Anderson

Maggie Swindells

  1. APOLOGIES AND ATTENDANCE

The only absent committee member was Colin Finlayson.

  • MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The minutes of the last meeting held on February 3rd were approved.

  • MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
  •  Thanks were expressed to Neil Collie for information re the Donkey Bridge at Pott Shrigley.  The work is done and there is an article on the website.
  • Lost Ways – Keith Anderson is interested in doing some work on this and is waiting to hear from Colin Park.
  • The annual General Council, which Jane and Steve Butterfield were due to attend, was cancelled.  No cost was incurred by ECR.
  • WALKING PROGRAMME

Jane has emailed coordinators and suggested that as soon as we receive a recommencement date, they prepare the programme for the first month and then concentrate on the rest of the schedule.

Dave suggested simply bringing forward the unused element of the current programme (Jan to June) and send that out to leaders and simply amend if walk leaders are unable to lead on the revised allocated dates.  This was considered to be a good suggestion which would be put to the all coordinators.  Jane would email them after Sunday.

  • REPORTS FROM OFFICERS
  • CHAIR

Jane met Steve Butterfield re Area chair.  Diane Simcoe (Northern support officer for the Ramblers).  Jane mentioned ASSEMBLE a unified website all officers should be using. She had encountered some difficulties and Dave suggested all committee members try and log on or register and have a look how it works and familiarise themselves with it.  He will similarly ask the footpath committee.  He will forward the email from Wendy Halley.  Any thoughts on Assemble can be emailed to committee members.

  • Jane didn’t intend emailing ECR members about the present situation or restarting the programme until there was advice from Head Office. It was felt that there was clear advice on the Ramblers website.
  • TREASURER

Absent. Nothing to report.

Dave referred to an earlier email re relinquishing part of the budget and suggested in future all committee members be consulted. Jane, however, had been consulted and had agreed the course of action. Dave also wondered whether the treasurer could ask Ramblers if it is was their intention to extend the annual membership period to reflect the period of non-walking.  This was from the viewpoint of encouraging new members and retaining new members as the group was very aware of the competition from other walking groups and ECR membership not being seen as of comparable value for money. Other members of the committee said they were happy to pay the full subscription to support the Ramblers at this difficult time.

  • FOOTPATHS
  • One recent query related to footpaths being illegally closed.
  • The closure problem near Mottram is now resolved.
  • Dave has spoken with Nicola Swinnerton who is the new part-time Rights of Way Officer with Cheshire East.  The post is shared with Evan Pedley who was persuaded to remain in post, now part-time.  Nicola is very enthusiastic.  She has access to the Ramblers footpath database and is initiating actions to rectify things and she would like to be able to write onto the database.  It needs to be clear to the user that any of her entries are hers, and not those of Ramblers.  There needs to be some way to differentiate.  Nicola’s enthusiasm is very welcome but she seems to think that ECR can be allocated lots of maintenance tasks whilst we really should decide what tasks to undertake.
  • The footpath committee meeting has been cancelled though they may have a Zoom meeting at the end of May.
  • Some footpath inspections have continued where paths are near the inspectors’ homes.  Maggie wondered if we could swap areas to coincide with paths close to home.  Whilst a good practical idea, Inspectors like to keep to their same patch and this does provide continuity and they can keep abreast of what needed doing and what has been achieved. 
  • Someone is needed to coordinate the working projects team.  Nick Brierley hasn’t enough time for coordinating teams to work big projects and general maintenance.

A list of jobs can be extracted from a database but it needs prioritising.

  • Nicola Swinnerton is keen to involve ECR in helping with non-statutory footpath maintenance tasks. ECR is happy to be asked for help but we must make her aware that this must join the queue of the existing tasks generated from the ECR footpath inspections. Also, the maintenance capability is currently undergoing a period of transition in its management, so it cannot be an instantly available resource.
  • We need to ask for volunteers. Dave was sure that Brian Richardson had a spreadsheet which included some 15 volunteers.  He will draft an email and send it to Brian to see what he thinks about it.  Chris Munslow will provide a list of maintenance people he worked with.
  • In discussions with Nicola Swinnerton it transpired that Cheshire East Rights of Way has had its budget cut by 20%.  Dave thinks he could lobby the appropriate people in Cheshire East.  He has contacts with Craig Brown, the deputy leader of the Council.  We have been advised to address next year’s budget.  Dave wondered if the Area could get together and send a joint letter.  Dave will put some input into this and liaise with Jane who will get the other Area groups on board.
  • Whilst inspections may not all be done before the AGM, they will have been by the end of the year.
  • SOCIAL AND EVENTS SECRETARY

Virtually everything has been cancelled. 

The Settle coach trip for the 3rd weekend of June is unlikely to go ahead.  Maggie will speak to Ann Thompson, the organiser, after Sunday. 

The Patterdale weekend has not yet been cancelled.  The hotel has been shut during April and May.  If we cancel then we will lose deposits, therefore we are waiting for the hotel to cancel.

The footpath inspectors’ social gathering is postponed until maybe next year.

The long walkers’ weekend in August has not yet been cancelled.  This is the organiser’s decision subject to Head Office guidance.

Maggie will advise the coach company that the September coach trip is likely to be cancelled.

No decision has been made on Andy’s weekend away at the end of September.

Maggie will contact Judith re the Stockport history tour to advise it won’t be going ahead.

  • MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY

There are 546 current members.  Two new members had joined just before lockdown. Some members had joined in January and then cancelled their membership in April but there were no further facts at present.  A few people haven’t renewed their membership.  Dashboard, a Ramblers tool, is available to Sue to obtain membership information.

  • PUBLICITY

Colin Park hasn’t been asked for any updates during the lockdown.

  • AOB
  • Keith had a question about re-routing a path. Apparently you can go on Cheshire East’s interactive maps.  Maggie thinks this brilliant.  She will send the link.  There is a link from our website on the footpath tab.  If you go on the interactive tab you can use the snipping tool and highlight where you want to walk and print off the map.
  • Dave alerted people to information from HO Ramblers on lost ways (called Don’t lose the way).  He urged the committee to look on the Ramblers site and log on to get and sign up for progress updates.
  • Dave said that there was a facility to compare a current OS map with an historic map so that differenced which looked like lost ways could be highlighted.  Once a member had accessed a square and highlighted the differenced no-one else could access the same square which was a flaw in the system.  We wouldn’t want the situation to arise where HO would be pursuing a lost way without consultation with Ramblers group which covers that area.
  • ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN
  • All committee members to familiarise with Head Office’s ‘Don’t Lose the Way’ and sign up for progress updates.
  • Jane will ask Colin Park to contact Keith re Lost Ways.
  • Jane will email walk coordinators after Sunday with proposals re next walk schedule.
  • All committee members to familiarise themselves with ASSEMBLE by logging on and maybe registering.  Convey any thoughts to fellow committee members.
  • Colin to approach HO re possibly extending membership period.
  • Maggie to contact Ann Thompson after Sunday to discuss the feasibility of her coach trip.  Maggie also to advise coach company that September coach trip likely to be cancelled. Maggie to advise Judith that Stockport history tour won’t go ahead.
  • Footpath maintenance coordinator sought. Sue to get Chris’ list of footpath maintenance people.  Draft email to be drawn up by Dave and to be sent to Brian Richardson for his comments.
  • Area letter to be put together by Dave and Jane (Jane to approach other Area groups) to send to Cheshire East re next year’s Rights of Way budget following 20% cut this financial year.
  • Maggie to send link re interactive maps to committee members.
  1.   DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 11 August, possibly via Zoom

The meeting closed at approximately 3.30pm